The Discover Music program for children ages 4 to 7 makes first steps into music memorable and enjoyable. Creating an atmosphere of a game during a lesson helps to wake a child’s interest in music. Playing with “TUNEimals”™, children learn the names of piano keys and musical notes.
We teach the fundamentals of music such as note reading, development of the musical ear and rhythmical sense, through numerous games and activities.
The students of the program learn to play piano/keyboard and are introduced to a variety of musical instruments. The book used in the program is full of “color me” pages, musical puzzles and stickers, which turn a child’s homework into an exciting experience. The students are divided into groups by age, with a maximum of 6 children in a group.
What makes the "Discover Music" program in Edmonton different from other group music lessons is:
- a small size of a group allows an individual approach to each child
- our program gives a solid musical background to ensure the students can continue
studying music at a higher level
- we pay close attention to development of proper piano technique
- parental supervision is not required during a lesson
- our program allows each student to develop at his/her own pace
- introduction to various musical instruments during the program helps the children to find
their favourite instrument
Monthly fee is $65.
A Book used in the program & a Music Bag are provided by the Academy.
The Book/ Music Bag fee is $45.
A one-time material fee is $28.
Copyright © 2002 - 2023 Alberta Music Academy Inc. - All Rights Reserved.